Monday 2 April 2007

MAKE MY DAY … PSYCHO

With my mobile phone shattered into a million pieces on the floor in front of me I descended into alcohol. I was nearly through my second bottle of wine before I started to feel good again, to regain the strength I had felt earlier after crying on Tomas’ shoulder.
‘For God’s sake Amanda, pull yourself together’, I slurred to myself.

So finally, after two good bottles of Pinot Grigio I had filled myself with Dutch courage and was spoiling for a fight. Bring it on old lady, I’m ready for you!

I knew that I could have called Millie or Cassie or Helen or, for that matter, all of them and they would have been over faster than a soap star accepting an invite to a Leicester Square Premiere, but I wanted to handle this on my own.

For tonight at least.

I now wish that the I hadn’t smashed the phone, I was now wishing for it to ring again.

“Come on psycho, make my day, I’m ready for you!” I had found the rape alarm that Millie had given me last year and held it in my hand, if she had been able to call again I would have blasted it down the receiver … that would have been enough to blow out the cobwebs from her old, deaf ears, hopefully putting paid to her nuisance calls once and for all.

Armed and fuelled by booze, I sat sipping my wine and waiting .. for what I wasn’t sure … just waiting.


For some reason, the old ladies words rang through my head, echoed in my thoughts … there was something about what she was saying … something that was resonating with my inner being, something that seemed to make sense.

No comments: