Thursday 19 April 2007

NIGHT FLIERS

I made my way to the kitchen in the semi-light that is about as dark as London ever gets I felt a vague sense of unease. The hairs on the back of my neck prickled into life. I could sense movement, but not that of a human. My eyes focused – was there something flying about in here? An object brushed past my cheek and then another ….. what was going on?

I leaned over and turned on a table lamp, its dull but improving yellow light a symptom of its energy efficient design. My jaw dropped and my eyes widened in horror, the air was filled with the beating of tiny wings making their way to this new source of light….they were everywhere…..the delicate dark bodies covering the walls, the curtains, the roof. There were hundreds, probably thousands of them. The room was a livid kaleidoscope of small, brown moths.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great stuff folks - keep it coming.

your number one fan in the states!