Monday 5 March 2007

BACK FOR GOOD


It's official - my life is now totally topsy-turvy!


I went out and partied all last week whilst at work and now I have enjoyed the quietest ever weekend ... and enjoyed it!


A rainy and horrible Sunday morning saw me curled up in my tracksuit on my leather settee nursing a cup of hot chocolate, flipping through the Sunday Times and the Mail on Sunday and watching religious programme fronted by Gloria Hunniford.


It was like being wrapped up in my own little coccoon and after I went and retrieved my duvet from the bedroom it probably looked like it too.


Via the fabulous medium of text messages the girls and I all agreed to meet up at Browns in Covent Garden for some traditional Sunday Fare.


As usual they were all there when I arrived, Helen says that I live in 'AMANDA TIME' that sort of runs half an hour behind normal time. To be honest I can't really describe why I always seem to run late, I think if I analyse it it could be to do with the fact that I always under-estimate how long it takes to get where I am going!


'... a white wedding dress! God, after all the men she's had I would have thought that wholly inappropriate!'


Helen was still bitching about Liz Hurley ... this isn't healthy, I think that Helen needs to go and get herself a man and de-stress somewhat.


Cassie, not one to let sleeping dogs lie, goaded Helen about it, 'I am soooo surprised you didn't get an invite Helen, you've done so much for her, a bit of reciprocity would have been the least she could have done to thank you ... I mean I assume that you must at least have been sent an invite to the Indian Wedding, there's about 500 going to that isn't there? Everyone has been invited ...'


Helen flushed ... she looked like she was going to explode.


Come on girls ... let's get a bottle of something dry, white and very cold and chill out shall we?


After we'd eated ... and drunk a way through half a dozen bottles of something dry, white and very cold I invited the three of them back to my place for a Sunday afternoon 'pajama party'.


I sorted them all out with sexy, silk pj's and we lounged around, chatted and bitched together.


Millie had the new Take That CD and we played it on full volume and danced around, all of us, bar Cassie, admitted to being huge fans when we were younger. I've got to say that I am really pleased that they are back at the top of the charts, where they belong.


We all took turns in trying to convince Helen that she should find herself a good fella - if only to itch her scratch, but Helen wasn't having any of it.


'Nobody wants me .... I think that I scare men off. Too bossy and intelligent like for most of them ...' she slurred into her glass.


'Crap', replied Cassie, 'you can't see the wood for the trees, every time you go out there's always gorgeous fellas fliting with you. If you just took your business hat off for a minute you'd see it for yourself. As it is that P.A. of yours, Chantelle, gets plenty of action from it. You get them all hot and bothered and she gets to reap the rewards. Wake up and smell the coffee!'


'No one likes me', Helen poured another large glass for herself, ' not even Liz Hurley and everyone is going to her second wedding in India ...'


Here we go again!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TAKE THAT - NUMBER ONE AGAIN AND BACK FOR GOOD!

WELL DONE GIRLS, WE DANCED AROUND TO SHINE ALL DAY YESTERDAY TOO!

LOVE YOU AMANDA!

HELEN STOP YOUR MOANING!

Anonymous said...

Who are the capitalchicks?