Sunday 13 May 2007

DRESSED FOR SUCCESS


Half an hour later the three of us descended the steps from the Refuel bar at the Soho Hotel and made our way out onto the street.

Nico, unabashed and unshamed had eventually been able to return to our room to dress, the Night Porter had not been impressed by Nico's display of naturism in the foyer of his hotel and it took some of my negotiating skills and a £20 note slipped into his top pocket to eventually see our side of the story.

The whole experience had added somehow cemented my relationship with the older lady ... and whilst I was still unsure that she wasn't some cuckoo celeb stalker ... I liked her.

With Nico dressed and back with us I thought it better to escape the hotel and go and grab some breakfast at Pauls.

Ten minutes later we were squeezed around a small round table filled with steaming cups of Parisienne coffee and pain au chocolats.

Madame Zhou, relaxed and friendly, talked openly about the extra-ordinary forces that control us, that wrap themselves around us, controlling, guiding when they can, letting us slip free if the mood takes.

Nico, Greek by origin, was must more receptive to this whole concept ... although a Greek Orthodox he was more than aware of the 'evil eye' and that there were other forces out there to be reckoned with ...

With this in mind Madame Zhou passed a small sliver necklace across the table to me, an unusually crafted pendant hung from it.

'Think of this as your lucky charm' she said as Nico picked it up and hung it around my neck.

A couple of hours passed before we left to go our separate ways ... Madame Zhou had described in some detail what I had to do ... and what I had to do was to meet up with my three best friends as soon as I could.

Nico and I returned to our hotel ... there was time for him to remind me just what I had seen under that towel earlier before I had to do what I had to do ......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can we see what's under the towel too?

Anonymous said...

what wever happened to roxette?