Saturday 17 February 2007

FRIDAY NIGHT AT NOBU

After my most enjoyable breakfast in bed it was straight to the office and down to business.

Now I've checked out (!!) and signed up my models it's just a case of finalising the designs and getting them made up. You would think that swimwear would be fairly straightforward to create but, believe me, there's far more to it than you would initially think. Like most clothing it is all about the fabrics and their fitness for purpose.

Swimwear has to be very flexible and durable - all that in and out of the water plays havoc with it! You also have to conside how the material performs when wet - I am sure that i am not the only girl out there who has bought herself a fabulous white bikini only to find that it's gone totally tranparent when you come out of the sea - usually to an audience of amused sunbathers! Now, in the case of the fellas I would be quite happy to design see-through swimwear for them but, you know what men are like, most of them would be way too embarassed to have their shortcomings on display for all to see, especially if the water is on the chilly side!

Nico - the name of the young stallion I was with earlier, let me know that he had nothing to do tomorrow night so I have decided to make a date with him and take him to see Monty Python's Spamalot.

As for tonight - I am meeting up with Helen for a good gossip over sushi at Nobu. Helen is overseeing the fashion shoot for me and is especially pleased as I am taking out several feature spreads in Chic over the next few months - the Amanda, Oh! Orgasimique range is being launched in April. Helen's great, for someone so professional and discreet she's always more than happy to share her industry news with me, she knew all about Angela's nuptials at the end of last year before anyone else.

Right, better get going, something chic and elegant should do for Nobu - and, you never know, if I get lucky I may do a Boris Becker and end up with someone gorgeous, loaded and horny as hell in the laundry cupboard!

No comments: