Wednesday 28 February 2007

TREAT ME MEAN!

mmmm..... I think that I am starting to develop a bit of a habit.

Just like yesterday morning Tomas and I met at Pret a Manger in Picadilly for coffee and cigarettes. It was a horrible, drizzly and cold morning so we didn't much feel like sitting there and working our way through the packet of Silk Cut I had just bought.

Instead we huddled under Tomas' umbrella and smoked a couple outside Amanda, Oh! whilst sipping on our cardboard take-away cups ... sort of shattered the continental romance of it all!

Mind you, I found myself hoping that tomorrow will be sunnier so we can imbibe caffeine whilst talking and laughing within a tobacco cloud ... time for nicotine gum if this carries on.

Good morning at work - won't bore you with the details.

Met up with Millie for our session with Rosa Klebb at the gym. She had me stretching, bending over and getting myself into the sort of positions that I know some of my boyfriends would just have been ecstatic about! Must remember to practice these because I'm sure they will come in handy soon .... Nico for instance!

Once finished Mills and I popped down to Barrafina (new tapas bar on Frith Street) for some of the most divine tapas I've experienced in London.

Mills was feeling much better when we left as she had been nursing the hangover from hell when we met. She had me in stitches recounting her experiences from the night before.

As marketing manager for Walrus Books Millie had been responsible for organising the book launch for Annabel Gouranter's latest book. If you aren't aware Annabel is the arch-feminist who's books include; 'Remove them at birth - castration and the reduction of male aggression', 'Every man knows his place' and 'Battery operated is better.'

Well, it appears that after downing quite a few glasses of champagne and launching into a rather embarrassing, no holds barred attack on the opposite sex, Annabel signed a few copies of her book 'The Future is Female', before disappearing from the main room. Anyway, she had to be restrained by security for a sexual aggression on one of the handsome young Walrus junior sales managers. She was grabbing at his fly whilst shouting, 'treat me mean you bastard', when they eventually pulled her off him ... it going to take all of Millie's P.R. skills to keep this one out of the press!

Needless to say, once Millie had managed to organise a cab to get Annabel back to her hotel suite she had downed a bottle of champagne herself ... I can't say I blame her!

Arrived home to find message from Nico on the answer machine wondering if I wanted him to pop over with a takeaway.

He arrived within the hour with some sushi from the Japanese restaurant across the road.
I was starting to feel pretty stiff from my work out so got Nico to give me a great massage ... that just left it up to me to work off any stiffness he might have built up since we last saw each other ...

No comments: