Friday 23 February 2007

GYM-TASTIC

Just recovering from a session with a personal trainer at the Third Space in Soho.

Last night Millie and I though that it would be a good idea to get fit and have a bit of a work out - the idea of doing this under the watchful eye of some muscled bound fitness guru also lent a certain appeal to it too.

I booked it for Millie's lunch break so the two of us arranged to meet there at 12.30. we both arrived with our pink gym bags crammed full of unused lycra and asics trainers.

After a quick change the two of us waited for our personal trainer - 'God, I look like a human condom' Millie whispered to me, resplendent in her purple lycra suit.

Our faces must have been a picture when our P.T. arrived, both of us where hoping for Daniel Craig emerging from the sea as James Bond, what we got was an Eastern European Rosa Klebb type harridan. 'I am going to work you harder than you've been worked before' she exclaimed, 'and what's more you are going to enjoy it!'

One long, hard hour later I can attest to the fact that I had never worked harder before and, quite bizarely, I had enjoyed it. With no manly muscles to ogle our wizened little Rosa ensured that we concentrated on our work out with no distractions!

After a light salad at Balans in Soho Mills and I went our separate ways - and yes, we have booked a programme with Rosa - here's to getting fit!

Quiet night in - on my own can you believe! Flipped through TV channels and watched a little bit of Hotel Babylon - made me feel sick all the strange whirling aerial shots around London so I flipped over to Bonkers! - it certainly was Bonkers! That's the problem with not watching TV too much - the less you watch the less you want to watch!

Getting rapidly bored with the goggle box I found myself texting Nico to see how he had got on at this test shoot.

Half an hour later the TV was off and we were in bed - much better way to be entertained in an evening!

No comments: